Items for Sale from Steve Turner

Welcome Forums For Sale and Wanted Items for Sale from Steve Turner

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Gary T
      Participant

Hello members of SBKA,

I have been with SBKA for about 8 years and I must say it has been a pleasure to meet you all and learn about looking after bees.
      However with the loss of my last colony recently, well earlier in the early spring, (not entirely sure why as they had stores) I have
      unfortunately decided to, for the time being at least, to give up beekeeping.

As is the case when this happens, a certain amount of stuff, hardware, equipment, beesuits etc needs to be liquidated.

I have the following items.
      Difficult to know how to price stuff (I would give it away if I was more flush) so I’ve included some guide ish prices.

2 x cedar nucs (say £20 each)
      2 x poly Kieler 4 frame mini nucs (say £10 each)
      Around 10 super boxes in decent condition. (£5 each?)
      Around 6 brood boxes in decent condition. (£7.50 each?)
      Quite a lot of clean super and brood frames ready to assemble. (I don’t know, 50p per empty frame).
      …and quite a lot that will need cleaning….(less than 50p per frame!)
      Some wax foundation. (?).
      4.5 containers of Ambrosia.
      1 XL green beesuit.
      1 XL white beesuit.
      Some spare veils.

At least a couple of smokers, 1 brand new.
      106 jars of which 57 have been sterilized with the lids (white plastic) screwed on. (say 15p each).
      Some white plastic buckets with honey taps……..

There are other odds and sods too which will be on display when you come over and we can haggle it out!

The items will be in the shop area at the front of the warehouse of my wife’s business, MadMolly, at Sugarswell Business Park, OX15 6HW.

Of course we are in a lockdown right now although we are still allowed out for essential reasons.
      Keeping your bees going is vital for many reasons and I think you should be able to justify that.
      You can pay cash or online afterwards no worries.

First come first served is fair so if you want anything put by/reserved then I will do that for you.

Take care in the meantime and any questions in advance I’ll be pleased to help out!

Regards,

Steve.
      steve@madmolly.co.uk

David
      Participant

<span style=”font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;”>Hi Steve,</span>

<span style=”font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;”>Very sorry to hear you have decided to retire from beekeeping, for now any least. We have enjoyed and benefitted from your involvement in SBK and I hope you will feel the need to rejoin before too long. </span>

<span style=”font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;”>I will drop by Sugarswell next time I am out tending the bees but would be grateful if you could hold the nucs (cedar and Kieler) for me please. Thx.</span>

<span style=”font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;”>best wishes,
      David</span>

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Hello! You need to be a member of SBK and to log in to be able to reply to this topic.