Introduction to Beekeeping Enrolment
Introduction to Beekeeping Course
Our successful two day “Introduction to Beekeeping” course is run in April each year though the 2020 course, which was fully subscribed, has had to be cancelled due to the Corona virus. It will be re-scheduled for later in the summer should conditions allow.
The course offers you the opportunity to spend the weekend in the company of our experienced beekeepers getting first hand experience and knowledge of:-
• Why keep bees?
• An introduction to how an individual bee and a colony of bees works.
• Choosing equipment and apiary sites.
• The beekeeping year and the products of the hive.
• Inspecting a colony of bees (bee suits provided)
• Assembling and manipulating hive equipment.
If your interest in beekeeping is stimulated by the course you can continue your beekeeping into the forthcoming season by joining Shipston Beekeepers. We aim to offer new members the opportunity to help manage bees in our training apiary, practising under supervision the skills they will need to manage their own stocks of bees.